Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> IT: University starts Open Source master course
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The University of Perugia is offering a master course on Open
> | Source. "Software developers and IT policy makers need to understand the
> | importance and potential of this type of software and how to combine it
> | with proprietary IT systems."

I'm surprised they need to combine it with proprietory systems.
Usuallys the time lost in licensing and money lost in royalty payments
is not economical compared with porting the data on a permanent basis
to open source formats and re-building key components
with open source code that can be re-used in other projects.
It creates more direct jobs for open source companies compared to
money wasted in royalties that don't directly create jobs.