[News] Mandriva Linux 2009 Impresses; Opera 9.6 for GNU/Linux Released

Mandriva Linux 2009 impresses

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the more exciting inclusions in Mandriva 2009 is the incorporation of
| the LUKS encryption system into the installer. What this means is that
| Mandriva 2009 will allow users to encrypt their partitions directly from the
| installer.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/5523.html

Opera 9.6 launches for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera Software has launched launched Opera 9.6, the newest version of its web
| browser. Opera 9.6 includes improvements in the built-in email client as well
| as better browser synchronisation.
|
| One of Opera's key features is Opera Link which allows users to keep their
| profiles in sync across different machines. An expanded Opera Link in Opera
| 9.6 lets users take their favourite search engines and the browser history
| with them as well as notes taken in the Opera browser, bookmarks, Speed Dial
| and personal bar.
`----

http://www.ioltechnology.co.za/article_page.php?from=rss_IOLTechOpenSource&iSectionId=2883&iArticleId=4652147

Recent:

Living with Mandriva

,----[ Quote ]
| That’s pretty much all I’ve done. So far, nothing has crashed, Plasma has
| behaved itself and everything has “just worked”. Mandriva has made me forget
| that I’m using KDE 4, which is actually a good thing!
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008/10/11/living-with-mandriva/

Shiny New Mandriva Linux 2009 Walkthrough and First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest and as they say one of the most ground-breaking versions of
| Mandriva Linux has been released as scheduled. Mandriva Linux 2009 is
| jam-packed with exciting new features and innovations that will try to cater
| everyone’s desktop needs. I had fun with Mandriva 2008, so I was really
| looking forward to this latest release.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/10/shiny-new-mandriva-linux-2009-initial.html

Mandriva packs in changes for new release

,----[ Quote ]
| Kicking off what promises to be a couple of months packed full of great Linux
| releases, Mandriva Linux will today release Mandriva 2009, the latest
| incarnation of its popular Linux desktop. We take a look at what you can
| expect.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3326

Mandriva Linux 2009 'optimised' for mini laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux publisher Mandriva has released its latest distribution, Mandriva Linux
| 2009, offering a faster boot time and up-to-date versions of tools such as
| KDE, Gnome, OpenOffice and Firefox, plus an installer that optimises the
| platform for mini-laptops.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2227937/mandriva-optimises-linux-mini

Mandriva Linux 2009 released