[News] KDE4 Maturing and Looking Good

Learning to like KDE again

,----[ Quote ]
| It was only a short matter of time after making that announcement before KDE
| 4.1 was released. And with that release have come new releases of
| distributions that use it. An excellent example of a KDE 4.1 DE/distribution
| release is, in my opinion, Mandriva 2009. The more I work with the latest
| version of Mandriva and KDE 4.1.2 the more comfortable I am with the entire
| distribution. I honestly haven't felt this good about a Linux distribution
| using KDE since openSUSE 10.2 and KDE 3.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2008/10/learning-to-like-kde-again.html

Last.fm Player for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Initially after setting up Mandriva, I was using the fabulous Amarok media
| player to listen to my LastFM streams, but I just didn’t have the flexibility
| that I have with the official last.fm player. I checked the repositories, and
| sure enough, Mandriva had the official player packaged.
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008/10/12/lastfm-player-for-linux/

MySQL in Amarok 2 - The Reality

,----[ Quote ]
| I want to point out first that I said that MySQL is going to be Amarok's only
| SQL backend. A2's collection system is very powerful. Just take a look at how
| varied music sources from Shoutcast, Jamendo, Magnatune, Ampache, MP3Tunes,
| as well as local sources like iPods and your local file system, are treated
| as equals in A2. A collection is a collection, and is limited only by what
| capabilities it advertises it can support (and of course, it can supply its
| own custom capabilities). It's not currently enabled, I don't think, but
| there's a Nepomuk-based collection option too. So take heart -- this change
| only affects Amarok's internal SQL collection, and not other sources
| (although those sources can store information in the SQL database if they
| wish to cache information).
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/812-MySQL-in-Amarok-2-The-Reality.html

Related:

Deploying KDE to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html