[News] New Linux Introduced in Linux-Kongress

Linux-Kongress: Corbet Presents New Kernel 2.6.27

,----[ Quote ]
| In the second keynote of the Linux-Kongress in Hamburg, Germany, cofounder of
| LWN.net and kernel developer Jonathan Corbet presented details on yesterday's
| released Kernel 2.6.27, but also described some of the work Linux Torvalds
| and his group of hackers have been up to.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/linux_kongress_corbet_presents_new_kernel_2_6_27

Recent:

Linux 2.6.27

,----[ Quote ]
| So not a lot happened after -rc9, which is mostly good. I certainly don't
| want to have any upheavals at the end of an -rc series, although I
| wouldn't have minded more people looking at the regression list. That
| said, I think we're in pretty good shape, and it's not like I can hold
| back releases indefinitely anyway.
|
| The shortlog from -rc9 really is small, and I doubt many people will
| notice the changes. And as usual, if you want to know about the big
| changes since 2.6.26, the full ChangeLog is available, but people are
| much better off with the human-readable explanations at
|
|       http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
|
| but most important is obviously to just test it. Especially if you've been
| a bad boy (or girl) and haven't been testing the -rc's.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/10/9/415

Linus and the Art of the Kernel Release

,----[ Quote ]
| I have a feeling that this blog is going to provide us with many more
| insights into the making of Linux – and the mind of Linus – and that the open
| source world will be all the richer for it.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=1386

Linux-Kongress 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux-Kongress is one of the original Linux development conferences. The 2008
| edition has been announced for October 7 to 10 in Hamburg, Germany.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/289697/

Live Streaming from Linux-Kongress For Free

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/live_streaming_from_linux_kongress_for_free#