[News] FSFE Expands Scope of Operation Beyond Software

[FSFE PR][EN] FSFE for Freedom Not Fear

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) supports Free Software so that
| every citizen can play an independent, active and responsible part in our
| information society. However, censorship of content, violations of the
| principle of 'Net Neutrality' and increasing online surveillance do not  fit
| with these goals. FSFE is therefore appealing for participation in  the
| world-wide day of action "Freedom Not Fear" [1], which takes place  this
| Saturday, the 11th October.
`----

http://mailman.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2008q4/000219.html

Open Source vs. Proprietary Intranet Software, Part 3

,----[ Quote ]
| An organization's choice of either an open source or proprietary intranet
| software solution must be based on its own specific needs and resources --
| not on what others are doing or saying. What worked for one company might not
| necessarily work for yours -- IT infrastructures are different, employees'
| technical skill levels are different, and budgets are different. You should
| never base your decision on the success or failure of another company's
| experiences.
`----

http://www.intranetjournal.com/articles/200810/ij_10_06_08a.html

Recent:

[FSFE PR][EN] FSFE to make legal consolidation tool available in 10 languages

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) announced today that it plans
| to make the Fiduciary License Agreement (FLA) available ten languages.
| The selected languages are English, German, French, Italian, Swedish,
| Serbian, Polish, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese.
|
| The FLA assists projects with re-licensing and license enforcement by
| consolidating copyright into a single organization, and is effective in
| jurisdictions based on both civil law and common law. It also transfers
| a full set of rights back to the author, ensuring that both parties
| maintain the maximum freedom possible. The translation of the FLA will
| help provide the benefits of copyright consolidation to local projects
| across Europe.
`----

http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2008q3/000217.html

The smallest unit of freedom: A Fellow

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the first in our series of monthly interviews with a Fellow of
| FSFE - "the smallest unit of freedom". We're starting off by turning the
| tables on Seán "The Interviewer" Daly to ask him about his chosen way to
| contribute to the Free Software movement.
`----

http://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/fellowship_interviews

[FSFE PR][EN] FSFE Newsletter

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Speeches about SELF, Free Software and licensing at FKFT
| 2. Local Fellowship meetings
| 3. New interns for FSFE
| 4. Students' union organizes talk on political aspects of Free Software
| 5. FTF releases training documentation on the SELF platform
| 6. Zurich Fellowship meeting - 2008-08-15
| 7. 'Who Owns Free Software? The Copyright and Patent Debate' speech at OSiM
| World, Berlin - 2008-08-17
| 8. Official launch of GPLv3 in The Netherlands - 2008-08-19
`----

http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2008q3/000215.html

(2008-08-17) 'Who Owns Free Software? The Copyright and Patent Debate' speech
at OSiM World, Berlin

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fsfeurope.org/events/#2008-08-17-2008-08-17