Re: Linux loonies build a nym army.

____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 08 October 2008 17:41 : \____

> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 11:55:39 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Andrew Halliwell belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Of course he did. We wouldn't expect any different from the likes of
>>> hardon.
>>
>> I wonder who Hadron's buddy was who sent him the revelatory e-mail.
>>
>> And why that person considered Hadron to be someone with a
>> "need-to-know".
>>
>> Could it be that Hadron is part of a "cabal" even more sinister than the
>> Linux "cabal"?  Could it be that Hadron has his own "master" for whom he
>> is a "lap dog"?  Or is Hadron actually in the "master" hierarchy, with
>> his own "minions" and "lap dogs" "feeding" him "doggie-drops" of
>> "intelligence", which Hadron then feeds to his "master"?  And where does
>> "Moshe" fit in the "hierarchy"?  Did "he" send Hadron this mysterious
>> e-mail, with a "command" to "forward it to COLA"?  "We must neutralize
>> this Roy Schestowitz... persona ... and render him ineffective, perhaps
>> even turn him to our purpose.   Muuuuuah-ha-ha-ha-ha."
>>
>> <laughing>
>
> Maybe the thread should be retitled: Hardon Quack & his loony email army! ;-)

There is a Microsoft consultant who goes by the name 'cj' and always lurks in
the IRC channel. He's trying to do the "let's engage in a conversation"
routine and informs other people in the world of Mono and Microsoft('s open
source hijack) what's happening, based on his actions.

Microsoft has an extensive network of that type of s*it.

Brcve Perens, a few days ago:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=985543&cid=25267133

    "[J]ust about every PR firm offers to help “manage the perception of your
company in online communities” these days. What do you think that means?
Astroturfing Slashdot, Youtube, etc. In my various manangement positions it’s
been offered to me. Indeed, some of the companies offer to create negative
publicity for your competition that way - HP had a publicity firm for its
Linux activities that told us it would do that when we wanted. I never asked
them to do so and hope nobody else did either.

    This stuff is just standard these days. You’ve got to expect it."

He also wrote:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=985543&cid=25256649

    I think mostly they’d like to dilute “Open Source” to mean any code with
source code. This is important to them because it’s the rights connected to
Open Source that scare Microsoft (and others). If you can call it Open Source
when there isn’t even the right to compile the code, or to use the information
you get from reading it, customers don’t have a reason to ask for it any
longer.

    Their publicity agencies are here on Slashdot pumping that angle every day.

Just KF the Microsoft shills. They are a waste of time, they should be in jail,
but they only commit a crime if they operate from the EU, if I understand the
new law correctly.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
 20:05:01 up 2 days,  8:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.48, 0.72, 0.78