[News] Ubuntu Prettiness Just a Tweak Away

Remastering Ubuntu With Better Art

,----[ Quote ]
| As you know, I am not very happy with the state of artwork in Ubuntu Intrepid
| Ibex. It seems to me that Ubuntu has taken a small step back, while many of
| the other distributions continue to head in the right direction. Today I
| would like to propose a solution to two problems created by this state of
| artwork:
|
|    1. Ubuntu users should not have to deal with the new theme if they, like
|       me, feel that the old theme was better.
|    2. It would be good to pressure the Ubuntu team to improve the artwork in
|       future releases.
|
| The solution to these problems, or at least the one I see, is to create a
| remix of Ubuntu with some of the great art that was proposed but not used.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/10/03/remastering-ubuntu-with-better-art/

Earlier:

gOS 3 - the most beautiful Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Over all, I give it a complete thumbs up and I recommend that everyone who is
| interested to use something other than Microsoft should give it a try.
| Especially those who cannot afford to buy licenced windows.
`----

http://amumtaz.wordpress.com/2008/10/05/gos-3-the-most-beautiful-linux/

Recent:

10 Beautiful Themes for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The upcoming release of Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) is highly anticipated not
| only for the system enhancements it will likely get, but also for its new
| default theme. The visual refresh is a long time coming, so I expect the
| Ubuntu artwork team is cooking something good for all of us.
|
| The October release date of Ubuntu 8.10 is fast approaching, yet until now,
| we don’t know exactly what the finished product will look like. I don’t want
| to make any guesses, instead, I decided to collect 10 beautiful existing GTK
| 2.x themes that I think can be further improved or altered and be used as the
| default desktop theme for Intrepid Ibex. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/10-beautiful-themes-for-ubuntu-intrepid.html

20 beautiful dark themes for Gnome and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Some weeks ago, I shown you a list of 30 themes for enhancing your Gnome
| desktop. Many readers loved the dark themes from this list, so here’s a new
| list of 20 dark and absolutely beautiful themes for your Gnome desktop.
`----

http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/featured/20-beautiful-dark-themes-for-gnome-and-ubuntu-418

4 Linux Distros Which Look Like Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/08/18/4-linux-distros-which-look-like-mac-os-x/