Re: [News] [Rival] Vista at 4% in Businesses After Almost 2 years

High Plains Thumper wrote:
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Brit Business Users Not Warm on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
More than half (58 per cent) of businesses using Microsoft
technology are "exploiting" Windows XP compared to just
four per cent for Vista, according to the 'reality
checkers' research by the Corporate IT Forum (Tif), seen
exclusively by silicon.com.

Linux is less than 1 percent after 15 years of being free.....

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

In July, W3Schools had Linux hits at 3.6%, now shows 3.8%, in March 2002 was 2.2%. So much for the 1% theory.

Discounting Linux browsing the Internet cloaked as Windows/IE to view Microsoft mandated software content,

I can't believe many people are doing that anymore. Do you do that? I don't remember the last time a website turned me away for not using Windows.

discounting that US hits are 41%,

I guess you mean 4.1%.

heavily skewing results toward Windows. In reality it is higher, about 12% to 13%

That sounds crazy. Really I think it is against common sense. How did you come up with that?

and growing.

I am with you there.  Approximately doubled in the past year, I'd say.

Current market share methodologies do not accurately measure installed base.

I think web-hit stats would be the best measure, but I don't know that we have access to trustworthy stats.