[News] More Qt/KDE in Maemo; Latest KDE 4.1 Comes to Gentoo

Having fun with qemu

,----[ Quote ]
| Until now I've always been using my own built Qt packages when building KDE
| packages for maemo. Initially because the Qt packages in extras-devel where
| missing some vital parts for KDE (mainly SSL support I think) but after that
| because I just had them installed, and it worked. But now I wanted to change
| this, and use the extras-devel provided Qt, as in theory that shouldn't
| matter, after all they are build from the same sources, with nearly identical
| configuration. As it turned out, this was actually quite a bit harder than I
| thought it would be.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3672

An Update on the Gentoo KDE 4.1 Ebuilds

,----[ Quote ]
| If you would like to take a look at what we are doing you can check out the
| kde-testing overlay using layman, otherwise we will be working on getting KDE
| 4.1 into the tree as soon as we can.
`----

http://blog.cryos.net/archives/190-An-Update-on-the-Gentoo-KDE-4.1-Ebuilds.html

Recent:

KOffice on Maemo

,----[ Quote ]
| As KOffice is supposed to be a lightweight office suite, I figured it would
| be nice to see how well it would run on maemo based devices. Thanks to Thomas
| Zander who replaced a lot of the double usage in koffice with qreals it was
| quite straightforward to get koffice to compile and packaged. Well, for the
| most part that is, I didn't manage to get kspread to link as apparently the
| old gcc version I'm using has some problems with inner classes in templated
| classes and duplicate symbols. After fixing some trivial issues, I could
| install koffice on maemo and run it...
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3662

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 107

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #107 for the week August
| 31st - September 6th, 2008. In this issue we cover: Intrepid Alpha 5
| released, KDE Community Stabilizes Desktop with KDE 4.1.1, KDE 4.1.1
| available for Kubuntu 8.04, Wanted: Moderators for Ubuntu Brainstorm, Ubuntu
| Developer Week Summary, PackageKit: Call for testing, New MOTU, Ubuntu
| Package Status Pages, New Proposed WikiGuide page, Call for feedback on new
| wiki theme, Ubuntu-UK podcast #13, Say Ubuntu, KDE Usability project video,
| Atlanta Linux Fest, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue107

Hooray, it's a 4.1.1!

,----[ Quote ]