[News] Portrait of a Free Software Activist; Interview with Head of the Wine

Portrait: Jeff Elkner, Free Software activist and teacher

,----[ Quote ]
| Jeff Elkner teaches high school students in Arlington, Va., about Linux and
| other Free Software. He's serious about helping budding computer scientists
| understand what FOSS is and what it can do for them, and he's one of those
| guys who always seems to be sharing his knowledge with others. One of
| Elkner's latest efforts, the Open Book Project, is a good illustration of his
| philosophy about sharing ideas and knowledge, which he says is similar to
| that of one of his heroes, Free Software advocate Richard Stallman.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/146868

Interview with Alexandre Julliard - Head of the Wine Project / CTO of
CodeWeavers

,----[ Quote ]
| Alexandre: Actually, we’ve not had any contact with Microsoft at all. We know
| that they are very aware of Wine, and they watch what we’re doing very
| closely, but we’ve never had any kind of official contact, either support or
| threats or anything. They just don’t talk to us.
|
| Scott: They have just completely left you alone? They never sent the lawyers,
| but they never sent tech people to help you out either?
|
| Alexandre: No.
`----

http://howsoftwareisbuilt.com/2008/09/09/interview-with-alexandre-julliard-head-of-the-wine-project-cto-of-codeweavers/

Same with Linus. But Microsoft tried to get his sued behind its back.

Related:

Interview with Dr Andrew S Tanenbaum

,----[ Quote ]

`----