[News] More Low-cost PCs Saddled with GNU/Linux

Linux-powered LinPC desktop is a bargain

,----[ Quote ]
| The new generation of inexpensive netbooks may be wonderful, but for my main
| desktop I want a real machine -- something I can open up, clean, and add to.
| So I was extremely tickled recently to trade for a new LinPC, an economical
| personal computer that features PCLinuxOS MiniMe 2008 preinstalled and ready
| to go.
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, I'm happy with my recent acquisition. The case is sturdy with lots
| of room for growth. The power supply is sufficient to run a mid-level add-on
| graphics card that requires an additional power source. The motherboard is
| respectable for its price point. The processor is ample for today's
| applications, and the graphics is powerful enough for most of the 3-D games
| available for Linux today.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/146453

$98 laptop from China - Industry changer?

,----[ Quote ]
| On Techvideoblog is a story of the new HiVision mininote laptop, a MIPS based
| machine with WiFi, USB, Ethernet, SDHC, plus a fairly complete Linux install,
| for $98. No word on when it will be available.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2008/9/3/48704

HiVision miniNote Linux Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| They keep on getting cheaper. Based on a public Chinese low cost case mold,
| HiVision’s miniNote Linux Laptop has a MIPS based processor, a SDHC card
| reader, Firefox browser support, Abiword processor, and Skype ability.
`----

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-hivision-mininote-linux-laptop/

Recent:

$98 Linux Laptop - The HiVision miniNote

,----[ Quote ]
| HiVision CO., LTD makes one of the worlds cheapest Linux laptops at $98 using
| a new cheaper chipset, WiFi, 1GB flash storage, it runs Linux, 3 USB ports,
| Ethernet, SDHC card reader, audio in and out. Voice-chat, Skype, multi-tabbed
| Firefox browser support, Abiword for word processing.
`----

http://techvideoblog.com/ifa/98-linux-laptop-the-hivision-mininote/

CTL vows $149 Atom, Linux-based desktop

,----[ Quote ]