Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 6th of September, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 6th of September, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 07:40:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 753 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     291 1107554     1%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   69   55242    56%
   3. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   32   37130    80%
   4. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     31   38945    43%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    29   11266    58%
   6. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     24   38891    71%
   7. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           23   26814    52%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   23   26843    21%
   9. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   22   40157    52%
  10. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               21   28133    71%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            21   52832    88%
  12. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      19   34540    61%
  13. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        16   20110    48%
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     16    8914    67%
  15. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               13   64887    19%
  16. Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    9    4760    23%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        9   12543    73%
  18. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7    6795    43%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               7    9043    39%
  20. Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                       6   37030    19%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          6   15254    67%
  22. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                          5   16460     7%
      Shultz <Somewhere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                5   23399    57%
  24. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                4    6846    74%
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4    4219    51%
  26. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             3    2801    63%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            3    2789    70%
      Klunk <givemespam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        3    3273    51%
  29. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2    2316    65%
      LEE Sau Dan <danlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    2    3513    26%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. What exactly is EXIF data?                               34  114881
   2. Linux 7.5% on latest "Market Share" figures?             27   39911
   3. Target selling Eee PCs                                   21   26235
   4. Where the Linux laptops live                             20   24738
   5. New Ubuntu Hardy installation, no BSOD/crash/freez       19   14147
      Zombie plague sweeps the internet                        19   29304
   7. Newest member of the COLA Trolls Liar's Club             16   12556
   8. Don't order from Lenovo                                  15   13673
   9. Google, Chrome, and the BBC                              14   18468
  10. [News] [Rival] Google's Office Killer is Already K       13   19398
      Fast Fully Functional $98 Linux Laptop !!!               13   14127
      How simple are newbies anyway?                           13   19242
  13. Linux Killer App for Ham Radio                           12    6689
  14. Microsoft Faces New Browser Foe in Google                11   13565
      A list of linux pre-installed notebooks...               11   35940
  16. OT: I installed Vista!                                   10    7144
  17. Bill Gates, the new Orville Reddenbacher                  9    7457
      Goodbye Windows - R.I.P.                                  9    6889
  19. Dreamweaver videos                                        7   14501
      Quick Poll: Windows pirates                               7   23755
      SPARC                                                     7   15677
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses the 'Pirates' Lie Ag        7   11134
  23. Linux in the wild?                                        6    4070
  24. [News] Linux Powered-TiVo Hooks Up with DirecTV           5    6272
      Why Google Chrome is Good New for GNU/Linux (Out S        5    4474
      CUPS horror stories                                       5    2914
      [News] Big GNU/Linux Distro Shower Approaching            5    7416
      Micoshaft asstroturfers Doesn't Even Understand Th        5    3164
      Good morning COLA!!! (and a Linux Mint review)            5    8161
  30. NASA confirms Windows virus reached outer space           4    3714
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     39
   2. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    27
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  25
   4. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        22
   5. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     9
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           9
   7. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        8
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               8
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     8
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    8
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              8
  12. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      7
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   7
  14. Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                                      6
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      6
  16. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               5
  17. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          4
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       4
  19. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            3
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           3
  21. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         2
      brad <bweiner00@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    2
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       2
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                         2
  28. George <geonik250@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                1
      Shultz <Somewhere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx                                              1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    137
   2. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             78
   3. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              72
      Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  72
   5. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        70
   6. Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  69
   7. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       65
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         65
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          65
  11. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    64
  12. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     61
  13. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   60
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              60
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    60
  16. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    59
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                        59
  18. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      58
  19. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           49
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     49
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           398
   2. slrn                                                            131
   3. Thunderbird                                                      63
   4. G2/1.0                                                           43
   5. Pan                                                              42
   6. Forte Agent                                                      23
   7. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    8
   8. Microsoft Outlook Express                                         7
      tin                                                               7
  10. Gnus                                                              2
  11. Mozilla                                                           1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:40:25 up 21 days,  4:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.18, 0.05