Re: [News] Citibank Finds Out That Ignoring GNU/Linux Makes War

    Roy> ,----[ Quote ] "As the usage of Firefox browsers has
    Roy> increased with our customer base, we will be initiating a
    Roy> full support model for Firefox version 2.x in the very near
    Roy> future," spokeswoman Tara Burke told Networkworld.com.
    Roy>
    Roy> Think "the very near future" will prove to be very soon?
    Roy> Don't bank on it.  `----

Of  course,  I won't.   Indeed,  I find  the  above  quoted text  very
disappointing.  So,  they just  want to support  a browser due  to its
recent popularity?   If another browser  A became popular in  5 years,
they'd add  support for that browser,  too?  And browsers  B, C, D...?
Why are they so narrow-minded?  Why  do they word it that way, so that
it looks  like a specific solution  to a specific  problem ONLY?  They
don't have a more general solution?  Do they have vision to the bigger
picture?

Instead, I'd  prefer to  hear: "We would  make our XXX  online service
more standards-compliant,  so that  customers using _any_  browser can
enjoy our service without problems.  This will include customers using
Firefox, Safari, or any other standards-compliant browsers."

So, when will they be technically competent enough to do that?

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦                          ~{@nJX6X~}

E-mail: danlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx