Re: [News] Citibank Finds Out That Ignoring GNU/Linux Makes War

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Bank of America recently fixed it. Citibank is likely next.

Recent:

Bank of America to support Firefox, finally

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/29586

Bank of America may finally embrace Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| "As the usage of Firefox browsers has increased with our customer base, we
| will be initiating a full support model for Firefox version 2.x in the very
| near future," spokeswoman Tara Burke told Networkworld.com.
|
| Think "the very near future" will prove to be very soon? Don't bank on it.
`----

The BoA site has for quite awhile worked well enough with Firefox on Linux, even if BoA hasn't tried to make it so.

Probably their support for Safari and Netscape forced adherence to programming standards that covered Linux and Firefox too, even if it was an accident. That would be another example to show that any increase in the non-Windows usage share is a benefit to all platforms.

Apple and Linux strengthen each other and will break the monopoly together.

same link:
(((((
That's not to say Firefox doesn't work on the BoA Web site -- it does, by and large, I am told -- but it is not listed as one of the three "supported browsers" on the bank's FAQ page. (The three are Safari, Netscape and ... uh, I forget the third.)
)))))