Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Desperate for Cash, Uses Blackouts

> ____/ Brad on Friday 19 September 2008 16:49 : \____

>> This ought to be a hint for you... if MS wasn't making money then
>> explain how they've managed to stay in business for all this time.
>> Ever see the Redmond campus? I doubt you have. There are hundreds
>> of beautiful buildings that have all been bought and paid for.
>> Hardly something that companies that lose billions of dollars can
>> afford to do.

Good to know Microsoft core employees like you are so worried about
GNU/Linux that you track COLA.

> Enron has nice buildings too. And pension plans. Oh, the pensions!

The US is in debt to the tune of *$9.7 Trillion*, thanks mainly to their
Oil Exploration, ahem - I mean "War on Terror" in Iraq, and yet the good
people in the US continue to wake up, eat a healthy breakfast of grits
and maple syrup, and go to work every morning. Funny how that works.

I guess it's all about checks(sic) and balances. Ballmer wears the
checks, and the creative accounting department juggles the SEC filing.
It's just like the Big Top, with Ballmer as the clown, and half the
carneys gluing coconuts to posts to rip off the rubes, whilst the other
half switch all the unserviceable equipment round like a game of musical
chairs, to fool the inspectors. Its amazing what you can accomplish with
smoke and mirrors. Eventually their flimsy Big Top is going to collapse
though, then we really will all have a good laugh.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 04:23:34 up 35 days,  1:36,  5 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.02