Re: [News] Microvell Employee Throws Slime at Ubuntu, Gets Slammed in Return

On 2008-09-19, Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> Irrelevant
>>
>> It's VERY relevant.
>>
>> The kernel tree is not the entirety of what makes up a working Linux
>> system from 1994. Nevermind 2008. Attempting to focus on kernel
>> contributions to the exclusion of all else is at best disengenuous.
>>

> Well, do you actually think that Red Hat or Novell/SuSE focused on the
> kernel alone?
> SuSE for example has done more for KDE than the other distros combined

     They are essentially IBM and Sun wannabes.

     I expect them to act in regard to things outside the kernel in
much the same way that those companies have. It takes a lot more
kernel mojo (than other things) when you are selling yourself as
one of the supported platforms for Oracle.

--

	The average IT manager is a less effective mentor than a
Spongebob Squarepants cartoon.