[News] [Rival] Microsoft Still Tries to Sell Binaries with Celebrities

Deepak Chopra replaces Jerry Seinfeld in Microsoft ads

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has axed American comedian Jerry Seinfeld from its
| 300million-dollar ad campaign to spruce up Windows Vista's image just two
| weeks since the first ad aired, and roped in a host of celebrities, including
| author Deepak Chopra.
|
| Actress Eva Longoria and singer Pharrell Williams are also said to have been
| hired for the campaign.
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/International_Business/Deepak_Chopra_replaces_Seinfeld/articleshow/3502902.cms

The McDonald's of computing. Will it be Fries Ultimate Edition?

Recent:

Yash Raj Films Partners with Microsoft Xbox 360 for Bachna Ae Haseeno

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, Microsoft has tried out many ways to promote their current generation
| console in India. They had tied up with cricketer Yuvraj Singh and Bollywood
| actor Akshay Kumar. They even came up with an Indianised Marcus Fenix! Now
| Microsoft has partnered with Yash Raj Films for the Bollywood movie Bachna Ae
| Haseeno.
`----

http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xbox-360/2008/18/yash-raj-films-partners-with-microsoft-xbox-360-for-bachna-ae-haseeno/

Related:

Microsoft goes for in-film placement in Bachna Ae Haseeno

,----[ Quote ]
| Global multi-national technology company Microsoft Corp found an able brand
| fit in Yash Raj Films' latest flick Bachna Ae Haseeno starring Ranbir Kapoor,
| Bipasha Basu, Minissha Lamba and Deepika Padukone.
|
| The film's male protagonist Raj, essayed by Kapoor plays the role of
| a 'killer' – who has all it takes to make a woman to fall in love or even
| just spend a night with him.
`----

http://businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=9522

Mammooty, don't join hands with Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft will be signing up Malayalam movie star Mammootty as one of the
| brand ambassadors for the Computer Literacy programme that is to be organized
| soon in Kerala, a Southern Indian State well known for its pro-free software
| policies.
`----

http://digg.com/microsoft/Mammooty_don_t_join_hands_with_Microsoft

Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid to
| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/135166.asp?source=rss

Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
increase market share

,----[ Quote ]
| This came to my inbox this morning from a reader who shall remain nameless. I
| found it sort of interesting.
|
| [...]
|
| Perhaps this new campaign is the opening salvo to be launched by Microsoft's
| newly hired advertising agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, the "it" agency of
| the moment in the advertising world.
`----

http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-apparently-hopes-that-jackass.html

Feeling Dumb? Microsoft Says MSN Can Help

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's informal code of conduct is 'Don't Be Evil,' a reflection of its
| commitment to not exploiting its users. But a new Microsoft ad campaign is
| sending an altogether different message: 'Don't Be Dumb.'
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/206905139

WhatsWrongWithU

,----[ Quote ]