[News] Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (Lenny) Close to Final Release

  • Subject: [News] Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (Lenny) Close to Final Release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:10:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Debian Project News - September 15th, 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Luk Claes reported on the progress regarding the release of the new stable
| release Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 Lenny. While there are still a lot of release
| critical bugs to be fixed, Lenny is in good enough shape to call for upgrade
| tests and work on the release notes. Regarding the upgrade tests, he
| especially asks to test the Linux 2.6.26 kernel. Regarding the release notes,
| he asks that any issues that should be documented should be reported as bug
| against the release-notes pseudo package. Further discussion will happen on
| the debian-doc mailing list.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/project/2008/11/

Recent:

My Debian Adventure, Part 2: Lenny

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, I also configured my desktop and tweaked many other interface
| settings, using My Debian Adventure as a guide to remind me how I wanted
| things to look. I guess I'll go through my entire Debian Adventure, to see
| what else I might want to configure in Lenny, but at this point, I'm
| already "up and running" and my Lenny system looks and works pretty much the
| same as my Etch system, only faster.
`----

http://www.computerbob.com/guides/my_debian_adventure_part_2_lenny.php

Related:

Next Debian release by year-end... maybe

,----[ Quote ]
| The next release of Debian GNU/Linux, Lenny, is expected to take place before
| the end of 2008, senior developer Martin Krafft told a miniconference on the
| distribution at the Australian national Linux conference today.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16309/1090/

linux.conf.au: Enter the no-suit zone

,----[ Quote ]
| A conference without a single suit. At least for the first four hours of its
| existence, Australia's national Linux conference has been just that.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16310/1148/

Why don't corporates love Debian?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Debian GNU/Linux project needs more support - men, money and machines.
| But, apart from HP, big corporates don't offer the project much. This was the
| subject of a talk delivered today by two software engineers who work in
| research and development at Silicon Graphics in Melbourne.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16315/1090/

Big Debian Linux Payday For HP

,----[ Quote ]