[News] Xfce 4.6 Reaches Alpha, Screenshots Available

Xfce 4.6 ALPHA ('Pinkie') released

,----[ Quote ]
| After about 18 months of development, we are pleased to announce the release
| of Xfce 4.6 ALPHA, codename 'Pinkie'.
|
| Xfce 4.6 is going to be the next major release of the Xfce desktop
| environment. The previous release was 4.4 with the last bugfix release being
| 4.4.2 released in December 2007.
`----

http://www.xfce.org/about/news?id=15

Xfce 4.6 Alpha Available With New Features

,----[ Quote ]
| The final release of the Xfce 4.6 desktop environment was supposed to come
| this month, but instead the first alpha release has finally come about. Xfce
| 4.4 was originally released in January of 2007, so it has been quite a while
| since this lightweight desktop environment has received a major update. This
| release though does introduce a fair number of changes, which we have covered
| in this article.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=xfce46_alpha&num=1

Recent:

Linux Mint 5 XFCE Edition Is Out [screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| Today is a happy day for Linux Mint fans as the developers of one of the most
| popular Linux distributions decided to please us with yet another release. I
| am speaking about Linux Mint 5 Elyssa XFCE, which introduces various
| improvements in performance,  appearance and desktop configuration.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mint-5-XFCE-Edition-Is-Out-93176.shtml

Mint Linux mints new distro release

,----[ Quote ]
| Free software teetotalers may be interested in a new radio interview with
| Richard M. Stallman. Meanwhile, those willing to intermingle free and
| proprietary bits can rejoice in the release of version 5.0 of Linux Mint,
| aimed at creating a more multimedia-rich, consumer-friendly version of
| Ubuntu.

Linux Mint 5 XFCE released

,----[ Quote ]

`----