Re: [News] Hexen and Heretic Become Free Software (GNU GPL)

* High Plains Thumper peremptorily fired off this memo:

> You are correct.  One can put the truth underneath HQ's nose and he
> will deny it, which I did.  Then he does his selective snippages and
> continues his moronic rants.  After several attempts, it is just not
> worth it.

Hadrone claims to use Linux and to /love/ it.  Yet he approaches almost
all discussion of it from a perverse and angry perspective.  One example
is his discussion of the complexity of installing the NVidia video
binary using the Debian system.

He tags it as being complex, which it is.  But rather than then noting
that it has to be that way because of working a binary installation
mechanism that requires compiling source code against the code for the
existing kernel, which in turn requires keeping the Debian
infrastructure up-to-date, he simply decries it as being silly.

Ignorance or malice?  Either way, it is insolent and self-important to
categorically (and wrong-headedly) denigrate a Linux component in a
Linux newsgroup.

And that's just one of Hadrone's faults.

For someone who claims to be a Linux advocate, he generates precious
little positive discussion of it.

--
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
		-- Will Rogers