[News] Dash Navigation Devices Powered by Linux

Automated GUI Testing: Embedded Squish Success at Dash Navigation

,----[ Quote ]
| It runs an embedded Linux platform on an ARM processor and uses Qt/Embedded
| for the device's graphical user interface.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10866.html

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

Linux powers MID-like nav device

,----[ Quote ]
| Clarion announced a Linux-based personal navigation device (PND) based on an
| 800MHz Z500 Intel Atom processor, with 512MB of RAM and a 4.8-inch 800x480
| touchscreen. The ClarionMind has a GPS receiver, but no map database of its
| own, instead connecting to Internet-based map sites.

Navicore on the N800: Taking Linux to the streets!

,----[ Quote ]
| Navicore is Nokia's GPS mapping and navigation program for the N800 Internet
| Tablet. The kit comes with a Bluetooth GPS receiver, car-mounting hardware,
| and a memory card containing the Navicore Personal software and map
| collection. If you have an N800, it's a great travel aid.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118077

TomTom to buy map supplier Tele Atlas

,----[ Quote ]
| TomTom, the world's biggest maker of car navigation devices, plans to
| buy its main map supplier, Tele Atlas, for 1.8 billion euros ($2.5
| billion) to improve the digital maps used by millions of drivers.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6198299.html

Hacking the TomTom ONE through Open Source

,----[ Quote ]