[News] Free Software Business in the Datacentre: Cleversafe, Zenoss

Cleversafe Expands Open Source Cloud Storage

,----[ Quote ]
| That's been the promise of open source storage vendor Cleversafe, which this
| week is unveiling new technology to further streamline delivery -- and
| potentially improving the process of making content available at massive
| scale.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/storage/article.php/3815206/Cleversafe+Expands+Open+Source+Cloud+Storage.htm

Zenoss Joins Industry Leaders in the Open Source Channel Alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenoss Inc., a value leader in enterprise network and systems management,
| today announced that it is a founding member of the Open Source Channel
| Alliance.   Led by Red Hat, the alliance program includes leading commercial
| open source software vendors including; Alfresco, Enterprise DB, Ingres,
| Jaspersoft, Likewise, Pentaho, Zmanda, and Zenoss.  Through the alliance
| Zenoss has signed a distribution agreement with SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:
| SNX) to distribute and market Zenoss' portfolio of cost-effective,
| enterprise-proven network and systems monitoring solutions.
`----

http://www.zenoss.com/news/archive/zenosspressrelease.2009-04-14.6545920968

Related:

Clever Old Cleversafe

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another great example of open source producing innovative solutions –
| contrary to the old canard that free software only copies. We also see the
| classic business open source strategy of using two licences (comme
| GNU GPL), and two sites – one for commercial solutions, and one for the
| open-source community.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=1313

Cleversafe Announces New Open Source Release and Challenges Software Developers
to Contribute to New Open Source Projects

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.rushprnews.com/2008/09/16/cleversafe-announces-new-open-source-release-and-challenges-software-developers-to-contribute-to-new-open-source-projects/