Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista is Dying

  this bit o' wisdom:

> KELLNER: Microsoft's Vista ought to die soon
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Problem is, however, that the 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate was a dog that
>| wouldn't hunt, as they say down South.
> `----
>
> http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/06/kellner-microsofts-vista-ought-to-die-soon/

Nice animated "lip plumpers" ad.  Yeesh.

   And that is the paradox presented with HP's new desktop tower. It's
   certainly a seemingly powerful machine, and even at just under $1,500, a
   good enough value for someone who has tasks that require its power, which
   includes a 750 gigabyte hard drive and 6 GBs of RAM. However, because the
   64-bit Windows Vista software was buggy and unreliable -- out of the
   box, brand-new, I was presented with a "Windows didn't shut down
   correctly" screen asking if I wanted to boot in "safe mode" -- much of
   the functionality advertised with the computer wasn't there.

--
Every cloud engenders not a storm.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"