Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista is Dying

Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> KELLNER: Microsoft's Vista ought to die soon
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Problem is, however, that the 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate was a dog that
>>| wouldn't hunt, as they say down South.
>> `----
>>
>> http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/06/kellner-microsofts-vista-ought-to-die-soon/
>
> Nice animated "lip plumpers" ad.  Yeesh.

I bet you're so jealous he Creepy?

>    And that is the paradox presented with HP's new desktop tower. It's
>    certainly a seemingly powerful machine, and even at just under $1,500, a
>    good enough value for someone who has tasks that require its power, which
>    includes a 750 gigabyte hard drive and 6 GBs of RAM. However, because the
>    64-bit Windows Vista software was buggy and unreliable -- out of the
>    box, brand-new, I was presented with a "Windows didn't shut down
>    correctly" screen asking if I wanted to boot in "safe mode" -- much of
>    the functionality advertised with the computer wasn't there.

And did he try Linux to find the video driver did not work or that 64
bit flash is "alpha" or that .. etc etc. All biased reporting once more.

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to