Re: [News] Another Fun GNU/Linux Game in Review

On 2009-04-10, Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 23:42:02 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Move over Rambo, this Penguin means business - Time Waster
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/04/08/move-over-rambo-this-penguin-means-business-time-waster/
>>
>> Play it int proprietary flash format here:
>>
>> http://armorgames.com/play/3454/penguinz
>>
>> I can not believe you a plugging that garbage.
>>
>> It is atrocious. Even for a "Linux Game".
>
> They have to keep the "Linux is great for gaming" lie out in the public

s/Linux/PC/

> eye.
> The problem is that when the public sees pitiful Linux games like that one,
> they laugh and move on.

    Actually, Joe Average is far more likely to be running that sort of game
if they are gaming on Windows at all. It's certainly not the best example of
a flash game. However, that's not a Linux failing.

    The idea that the common user can be suitably distracted by a free
web game that runs on any platform is something these Lemmings are deathly
afraid of.

--
    Apple: Because the world doesn't have enough peasants.            |||
                                                                     / | \