[News] Another Fun GNU/Linux Game in Review

Move over Rambo, this Penguin means business - Time Waster

,----[ Quote ]
| Clearly fed up with the penguin's generally soft and cuddly image, the lead
| character in Penguinz is Hell-bent on changing that perception. Antarctica's
| a dangerous place, after all, and he's kicking ass and taking names.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/04/08/move-over-rambo-this-penguin-means-business-time-waster/

Recent:

Shadowgrounds: Survivor Proceeds On Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Nearly a year ago we shared that two new PC action games were being ported to
| Linux. The games were Shadowgrounds and, its sequel, Shadowgrounds: Survivor.
| Both games were supposed to ship in the first half of 2008 for Linux, but
| that never ended up materializing. A Finnish game studio known as Frozenbyte
| originally developed these games and the Linux port was contracted to a
| company known as IGIOS. In August we were told that the delay was due to
| publisher negotiations and that they would hopefully have something in a week
| or two. That never ended up amounting to anything, but a month ago, we
| finally learned that Linux Game Publishing was working on Shadowgrounds:
| Survivor. Well, last night we finally got our hands on a beta copy of
| Shadowgrounds: Suvivor for Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=lgp_survivor_beta&num=1

World of Goo on Linux is a hit

,----[ Quote ]
| In its first two days of availability, 2D Boy saw the Linux version of World
| of Goo grow to claim 4.6 per cent of its sales, and the day the release went
| live saw 2D Boy’s previous best sales day bettered by 40 per cent. As the
| firm points out, the numbers certainly suggest that “there is a market for
| Linux games after all :)”.
`----

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/28235/World-of-Goo-on-Linux-is-a-hit

World of Goo Linux Version is Ready!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux version of World of Goo is finally ready for download! It’s
| available exclusively from our site, in three different packages depending on
| what your computer likes. (tar.gz, deb, rpm)
`----

http://2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/?linux=goo

21 More of the Best Free Linux Games

,----[ Quote ]