Re: [News] Financial Services Love GNU/Linux

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Cost Replacing Functionality as Linux's Appeal
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "The global financial crisis has changed business priorities," said Inna
>| Kuznetsova, IBM's director of Linux strategy, during a keynote panel
>| discussion. "People are less focused on adding functionality and more focused
>| on cost reduction."
> `----
>
> http://entmag.com/news/article.aspx?editorialsid=10753
>
> Hard Times May Boost Linux in Financial Services
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| On Monday, at the High Performance Linux on Wall Street conference in New
>| York, Inna Kuznetsova, director of IBM's Linux Strategy, led a panel that
>| discussed how Linux can be used to reduce costs and improve performance in
>| these economically challenging times. We recently got the opportunity to ask
>| Kuznetsova about the increasing profile of Linux for IBM customers and how
>| the technology is enabling them to realize cost savings.
> `----
>
> http://www.hpcwire.com/features/Hard-Times-May-Boost-Linux-Financial-Services-Linux-42550257.html
>
> Morgan Stanley Growing Its Use of Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Anthony Golia, executive director of enterprise computing at Morgan Stanley,
>| told attendees at the High Performance Linux on Wall Street show this morning
>| that his firm has been using Linux in a big way since 2001.
>|
>| "We use it because it performs well on inexpensive, commodity hardware,"
>| Golia said. "That continues to be true and that continues to be a reason we
>| use it."
> `----
>
> http://www.wallstreetandtech.com/it-infrastructure/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=216402934

Big Linux users in Charleston:

   http://www.atdesk.com/flash.html

Need Flash to see it.  Easy on 64-bit:

   http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.22.87.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz

Just get it, untar it, and copy libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins, and
restart firefox/iceweasel.

--
Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side?  And hain't that a big
enough majority in any town?