[News] Overview of BitTorrent, Microblogging Clients and Editors for GNU/Linux

Review: Deluge 1.1.6 - Powerful BitTorrent Client for GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| Written in GTK, Deluge is a powerful BitTorrent client which, in my opinion,
| is the GNOME counterpart to KTorrent, the most popular client in KDE. The
| version I will review in this article is the latest at the time of writing,
| 1.1.6, released on April 6, 2009.
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, Deluge is definitely a very good choice, especially if you are a
| GNOME user. It is powerful, it has a simple and intuitive interface and comes
| with all the configuration options needed to customise and use it the way you
| want.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/review-deluge-116-powerful-bittorrent.html

Two Unusual and Good Twitter Clients For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Most Twitter and other micro-blogging clients use the same interface as
| Twitter.com, but two new free software clients make Twitter easy to use from
| the command-line or an IRC client.
|
| Twidge lets you send and receive Twitter or Identi.ca updates from the
| command-line. Although micro-blogging from the command-line may not appeal to
| you, the command-line makes it easy to fiddle with Twitter, and Twidge works
| well in shell scripts. For example, you can automate sending updates or
| filter out unwanted updates from your friends.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6719/1/

Review: Text and Programming Editors for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to something as seemingly simple as editing text (programming,
| configuration files, etc), there are a surprising number of options available
| to Linux users. This review focuses on some of the more commonly used tools
| found in the Ubuntu repositories; most, if not all, of these editors can be
| easily installed in other Linux distributions. Most of these applications
| have similar core features, but some integrate more advanced functionality.
`----

http://codepad.classhelper.org/review-text-and-programming-editors-for-linux/503/

Recent:

Linux-driven BitTorrent appliance ships

,----[ Quote ]
| Myka is shipping an embedded Linux device that downloads, stores, and plays
| BitTorrent media files on an attached TV. Available in 80GB, 160GB, and 500GB
| models, plus a Developer's Edition with a 1TB disk, the Myka appliances
| offload BitTorrent peer-to-peer duties from a PC.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2052643284.html?kc=rss

Myka sneaks BitTorrent into the living room

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/21/myka-sneaks-bittorrent-into-the-living-room/