Re: News] Reasons and Ways to Move to GNU/Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Have these one-dish-wonders ever considered expanding their culinary
> offerings beyond reformed meat in a sandwich, to something as exotic
> as, oh I dunno, say - /real food/, for a change?

Well, probably because Burger King follows the Microsoft Model (or vice
versa):  cheap goods, "low" cost, high volume.

   http://news.cnet.com/Ballmer-says-Microsoft-is-different/2008-1082_3-5938431.html

   Ballmer: Well, the question is, how do we get higher price points? We'll
   have some people in those "mission critical" applications choosing our
   enterprise editions. As people move into more mission-critical
   applications they will naturally choose some of our higher-priced items.
   We are the high-volume, low-priced guys in every space in which we
   play--with some small exceptions around open source, if you will.

--
You're not my type.  For that matter, you're not even my species!!!