[News] Latest FLOSS Weekly Coevrs Wubi

FLOSS Weekly 63: Wubi

,----[ Quote ]
| Wubi, the easy and completely safe way to install Linux to dual boot on your
| Windows machine.
`----

http://twit.tv/floss63

Recent:

Interview with Agostino Russo - Wubi - Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Sean Campbell: Tell us a little bit about your background, how you got
| involved with Ubuntu, and your relationship to Wubi.
|
| Agostino: I started using Ubuntu very early on, even before the first
| release. Around 2003 or 2004, I was a Debian user. I was helping people on
| forums, and a lot of friends were asking what distribution to use. I was very
| happy with Debian, but I never felt comfortable suggesting Debian to first
| timers. So I decided to test some Debian-based distribution that was
| supposedly “user friendly.”
`----

http://howsoftwareisbuilt.com/2009/03/12/interview-with-agostino-russo-wubi-ubuntu/

Wubi Tuesday

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past I’d have downloaded an ISO image, burning it to CD, and booting
| from the resulting disk. This time, however, I decided to try out Wubi, an
| installer that promised to let me run Ubuntu without having to re-partition
| my hard drive.
|
| [...]
|
| Once it’s in place, all you need to do is reboot, choose Ubuntu from the list
| displayed at start-up, and you’re ready to run. There are a couple of
| caveats - as it’s running from a virtual disk on another file system you
| can’t hibernate, and if you have a power outage you stand a higher chance of
| getting corruption. Even so, it’s still a great way of getting started with a
| non-Windows OS with out the performance hit of virtualisation - and it’s easy
| to migrate your new install to its own real file system.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/blogs/maryb/2008/09/23/wubi-tuesday/

Related:

Wubi: The Easy Way To Test-Drive Linux On A Windows PC

,----[ Quote ]
| There must be a catch, right? Not really: If you're looking for a realistic,
| fully functional Linux desktop experience, Wubi comes awfully close. While
| you will see a slight performance penalty running Ubuntu on a Windows file
| system rather than on a native Linux partition, keeping your Windows disk
| defragmented will keep the difference to a minimum.
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2008/07/wubi_the_easy_w.html

When Dubie met Wubi

,----[ Quote ]