[News] GIMP Tweaks That Mimic Adobe Photoshop

Handy Tweaks To Make GIMP Replace Photoshop

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP is the favorite graphics editing program of many designers and graphic
| artists. It is free and compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux (the two big
| reasons for its popularity). It has a wide array of features, as well as
| plug-ins, filters and brushes. Documentation is primarily available in online
| communities, as well as through extensive add-ons.
`----

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/03/8-handy-tweaks-to-make-gimp-replace-photoshop/

Recent:

GIMP 2.6.6 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP 2.6.6 is a bug-fix release in the stable GIMP 2.6 series. This release
| contains an important fix for compiling GIMP against the recently released
| GTK+ 2.16.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/35115

How to Design a Dramatic Winged Dragon with Gimp

,----[ Quote ]
| Create a fantasy image with the Gimp. In this tutorial, we will be taking a
| picture of a baby iguana and another picture of a bat and we will combine
| them to be a full-fledged dragon. This tutorial is based off of a  Photoshop
| tutorial from PSDTuts by Alvaro Guzman. I've made another tutorial before
| like this one, but for some odd reason it disappeared off the face of the
| earth and I haven't been able to find it. Anyway, let's get started!
`----

http://gimp-tutorials.net/Dramatic-Winged-Dragon-tutorial

Free PhotoShop OpenSource Alternative: GIMP and its Derivatives

,----[ Quote ]
| Web designers, photographers and graphic designers loving the Adobe Photoshop
| Product family - a collection of graphics editing programs developed by Adobe
| Systems to create and edit images - should have a look at its open source
| alternative, GIMP.
|
| GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program - is the most well-known open source
| graphics editing application, born in 1995 as reported in the GNU free
| software directory, is a freely distributed program for tasks like photo
| retouching, image composition and authoring. Last but not least the so-called
| batch mode that allows you to do image processing from the command line.
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/free-photoshop-opensource-alternative-gimp-and-its-derivatives.html

7 Free Resources for Eye-Popping Graphics and Animation

,----[ Quote ]
| A picture will always be worth a thousand words. The good news is that in the
| open source world, there are many excellent, free graphics and animation
| tools, plus free resources for getting started with them right away. Whether
| you want to produce a full-length animated movie, desktop publish
| good-looking graphical booklets, work more efficiently with Flickr, or create
| eye-catching logos, check out seven free applications and resources here.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/7-free-resources-for-eye-popping-graphics-and-animation#buzz

10 free photo/image tools for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Okay, you’re probably wondering why would anyone want an alternative image
| editor to GIMP - the GNU Image Manipulation Program. After all, it appears in
| all the major distros already and is easily the most popular image/photo tool
| for Linux OSs.
`----

http://darrenyates.com.au/?p=647

New Manju project plans to redraw desktop art

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/149041