Re: TomTom sues Microsoft for patent infringement

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

> What on earth would paying for quality have to do with Microsoft
> products?

Nothing.

It's just more propaganda - keep saying it often enough, and somebody
might actually believe it, which is why Microsoft pays shills to chant
that propaganda here on COLA and elsewhere. Just ask Microsoft's
erstwhile Commander in Chief of Guerilla Marketing (i.e. ex-head
"Technology Evangelist"), James Plamondon. He refined this (now)
criminal activity down to a fine art.

The Windows platform only has one "advantage", and it certainly isn't
"quality", it's the market share Bill Gates "acquired" through his
racketeering operation. The nearest Microsoft gets to the concept of
"quality", is the fresh coat of lip-gloss they paint on their ever-more
decrepit and bloated pig, once every few years. That, apparently, is
sufficient to fool most of the people, most of the time ... until the
advent of that undeniable lemon - Vista, of course, which fooled no one.

As for technical advantages, it has none, never had, and probably never
will, because Microsoft's monopoly means they really don't need to care
if the software works well (or even at all) - they get paid regardless.
As BBC correspondent, Max Flint, once put it, "that's the genius of
Microsoft's business". Yes, racketeering is highly profitable, I'm sure.

Like the sleazy landlord of some run-down tenement building, every now
and then Microsoft reluctantly gives their "property" a fresh lick of
paint, to keep their indoctrinated tenants from rebelling, whilst the
badly designed foundation, poorly constructed architecture, and almost
completely unmaintained décor slowly crumbles away, and the quality of
their utility services diminishes down to nothing.

Windows: the Slum OS.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 23:14:21 up 148 days,  5:57,  4 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.27, 0.19