[News] Amazon Embraces Ubuntu GNU/Linux, Other Ubuntu Wins...

Ubuntu Server on Amazon - Beta programme now open

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Server on Amazon gives you the power of Ubuntu combined with the
| flexibility of Amazon's cloud computing service. Ubuntu's modularity,
| virtualization capabilities, range of applications and optimised performance
| make it the perfect solution if you're deploying applications on Amazon's
| Elastic Computing (EC2) cloud.
`----

http://www.dtschmitz.com/dts/2009/02/ubuntu-server-on-amazon---beta-programme-now-open.html

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 128

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #128 for the week February
| 1st - February 7th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Ubuntu Jaunty Alpha 4
| released, Rock the Docs: Ubuntu LoCo Docs Day, Hall of Fame Interview:
| Christophe Sauthier, Fridge Calendar has moved, Ubuntu HugDay, New
| Contributing Developer, Launchpod Episode #16, Launchpad performance weeks,
| Full Circle Magazine #21, Ubuntu podcast #19, Toshiba Netbook with Ubuntu
| Remix, First Ubuntu Event in Monastir Tunisia, Team Meeting Summaries, and
| much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue128

Recent:

Ubuntu on Amazon Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| We have just announced our beta of Ubuntu Server Edition for cloud computing.
| It uses Amazon’s established cloud service EC2. We’re supplying customised
| images that are quick to deploy and efficient in production. The images are
| based on Ubuntu Server Edition so have the same great security, performance,
| reliability and range of applications. Since they use the EC2 service it
| means that you can have a new server up and running with a few mouse clicks.
`----

http://blog.canonical.com/?p=104

Ubuntu on Amazon EC2 Beta released

,----[ Quote ]