[News] Amazon's Linux Gadget More Than Just DRM-laden eBook Reader

Amazon Kindle: A Road Warrior's Best Friend

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't care if print is dead, or if it's just resting a while. What I do
| care about is getting the best, most versatile access to information when and
| where I need it. And for this, I've come to depend on my Amazon Kindle. While
| the rest of the tech world is busy kvetching over the forthcoming second-gen
| Kindle's design aesthetics and its admittedly hefty $359 price tag, I'm
| wondering only one thing: Will it make me want to upgrade?
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/bizfeed/159155/amazon_kindle_a_road_warriors_best_friend.html?tk=rss_news

Recent:

You ready for Kindle 2.0?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amazon Kindle book reader appears on the verge of showing off a new
| makeover.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=35123

Kindle Sold Out Until February

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kindle has been out for a year, and has been enormously popular, so its
| vanishing makes a degree of sense. But one would figure Amazon understood the
| demand for its product and would stockpile appropriately.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155025/kindle_sold_out.html?tk=rss_news

Report: The Amazon UK Mp3 Store On Linux... Actually a postive experience :O

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm running Linux Mint at the moment and installing the Ubuntu 8.10 .deb
| package worked quickly and easily. A couple of clicks and it was done. It
| appeared on my menu with all the other Internet apps and it seems pretty well
| made I must say, simple but effective.
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2008/12/report-amazon-uk-mp3-store-on-linux.html

Related:

Amazon's Linux answer to iTunes is a winner

,----[ Quote ]