[News] GNOME Leaps to New Beta; GTK Gets Many More Themes

GNOME 2.25.90 beta release!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the sixth development release, and the first beta, towards our
| 2.26 release that will happen in March 2009.  By now most things are
| in place, and your mission is easy: Go download it. Go compile it. Go
| test it.  And go hack on it, document it, translate it, fix it.
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2009-February/msg00029.html

GTK+ theming hackfest announced

,----[ Quote ]
| A GTK+ hackfest in Dublin later this month will start work on prototyping
| next-generation theming capabilities of the open source toolkit.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/02/gtk-theming-hackfest-announced.ars

Recent:

Cinepaint with GTK+2 Widgets on Gentoo…

,----[ Quote ]
| Rather than have the outdated GTK+1.4 widgets marring my otherwise beautiful
| GTK+ Xfce 4.4.2 Desktop Environment, and not wanting to put “weird”
| or “unharmonious” widget sets on my Boxen, yet finding that as a Photo
| Enthusiast requiring greater than 8-bit color depth, I decided to give
| CinePaint’s, and it’s experimental GTK+2 sources a chance.
`----

http://amot.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/cinepaint-with-gtk2-widgets-on-gentoo/

Benchmarks: gtk+ engines

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are some fast and dirty benchmarks of various gtk+ engines installed on
| my system, using app-benchmarks/gtkperf-0.40.
`----

http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/nightmorph/2008/12/14/benchmarks_gtk_engines

QT 4.5 to understand GTK themes

,----[ Quote ]
| Making the Linux desktop visually harmonious will become easier when
| Trolltech's QT 4.5 arrives in early 2009, with the announcement that
| QgtkStyle has been added to QT 4.5's development tree.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/QT-4-5-to-understand-GTK-themes--/news/111496

Resolution Independent GTK+

,----[ Quote ]