[News] Companies Announce Linux Focus in Wireless USB

Jungo and Wisair Announce End-to-End Wireless USB Solution for Linux-Based and
Embedded Platforms Used in Set-Top Boxes, TVs, DVRs, Smart Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| onsumer Electronics Show (CES) January 8-11, 2009 Jungo, a leading provider
| of connectivity software solutions and Wisair, a leading provider of
| single-chip based Wireless USB solutions, today announced the availability of
| an end-to-end Wireless USB solution for Linux-based and embedded operating
| systems used in CE devices.
`----

http://www.embedded-computing.com/news/db/?15041

Recent:

USB 3.0 and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| USB is getting a facelift!
|
| In the beginning, there was USB 1.1, with the "low speed" and "full speed"
| devices (at 1 Mbps and 12 Mbps, respectively). Then USB 2.0 came along
| with "high speed" devices that ran at 480 Mbps. Now the new USB 3.0 bus
| specification defines "SuperSpeed" devices that run at 5 Gbps (5,120 Mbps).
`----

http://sarah.thesharps.us/2008-12-07-13-35.cherry

USB 3.0 debuts

,----[ Quote ]
| The USB Implementers Forum will today unveil USB 3.0, which is said to be ten
| times as fast as USB 2.0. One of the first USB 3.0 announcements came from
| MCCI Corp. and Synopsis, which said they would together produce USB
| semiconductor IP and Linux-ready GPL'd drivers for the spec.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4721856157.html?kc=rss

USB 3.0 to Deliver a Tenfold Speed Increase

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/11/superspeed-us-1.html