[News] Linux Support in New Freescale Kit

Linux 2.6 BSP for Freescale i.MX27 PDK development kit now available from
Adeneo Embedded

,----[ Quote ]
| Adeneo Embedded has announced the full commercial release of the Linux 2.6
| Board Support Package (BSP) for Freescale's i.MX27 Product Development Kit
| (PDK_ ARM9 processor-based micro-controller. This BSP targets the i.MX27 PDK,
| a standard development platform from Freescale. It supports key features of
| the i.MX27 PDK.
`----

http://www.electronicspecifier.com/Embedded-Products/Linux-26-BSP-for-Freescale-iMX27-PDK-development-kit-now-available.asp
http://tinyurl.com/8lzydb

Adeneo Linux 2.6 BSP For Freescale i.MX27 PDK

http://www.arm.com/iqonline/news/partnernews/24072.html

Recent:

Freescale Chases $199 Netbook With New Processor

,----[ Quote ]
| The netbooks will support Linux, and Freescale is working with Canonical to
| develop a version of the OS for the Arm core. The devices won't support
| Windows, however.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156309/freescale_chases_199_netbook_with_new_processor.html

CES-Freescale chip targets sub-$200 netbook market

http://uk.reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idUKN0237355120090105

Freescale announcement heats up speculations about at Apple netbook

,----[  ]
| The vendor also envisages budget notebooks with Ubuntu Linux and i.MX51 under
| people's Christmas trees in 2009.
|
| [...]
|
| The vendor suggests using the Ubuntu Linux operating system and also
| highlights the improved support of Adobe Flash (and AIR) for ARM cores. In
| recent months ARM announced co-operations with Adobe and Canonical to this
| effect. The GPU portion of the i.MX51 is planned to be OpenVR and OpenGL (ES)
| compatible. Linux drivers are also available for PowerVR MBX graphics.
| Pegatron, the component manufacturing division of Asus, is to supply an
| i.MX51 reference netbook.
|
| [...]
|
| Freescale has denied the suggestion that it may be making an Apple Netbook,
| saying "Freescale’s current netbook approach is unambiguously an ARM/Linux
| play, and any suggestion otherwise is inaccurate."
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/121153

Freescale's Su: Sharing is key

,----[ Quote ]
| Lisa Su, Freescale Semiconductor senior vice president and chief technology
| officer, made a request of attendees at the Vision 2008 Embedded Linux
| Developers Conference: share.
|
| Open-source collaboration is the key to accelerating time-to-market of
| embedded systems, Su told an audience of several hundred during a keynote
| address here Thursday (Oct. 2).
|
| "As a semiconductor company, we certainly believe that the way we are going
| to drive innovation is to get as many people as possible collaborating
| together," Su said.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=210605440

Freescale Semiconductor Expands Open Platform Commitment by Joining the LiMo
Foundation™

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080819005149&newsLang=en

Freescale backs Mobile Linux with LiMo move

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2008/08/19/44343/freescale-backs-mobile-linux-with-limo-move.htm