[News] R.I.P. Linux 7.4 Gains ext4 Support, FreeBSD 7.1 Released

R.I.P. Linux 7.4 Offers Support for Ext4

,----[ Quote ]
| Kent Robotti announced today that last release of his R.I.P. Live CD, a
| Slackware-based CD that can be used for system rescue, backup, recovery or
| maintenance purposes. "This will be the last release from me, it should be
| useful for awhile. It's licensed under GPL, anyone can do whatever they want
| with it without my permission. My email address is closed." - he said on the
| R.I.P.'s official homepage.
|
| We have no idea why Mr. Robotti decided to drop the development of R.I.P.,
| but we sure hope that a new developer will take over from here and continue
| to release new versions of this helpful rescue CD.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/R-I-P-7-4-Offers-Support-for-Ext4-101088.shtml

FreeBSD 7.1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The FreeBSD project have released FreeBSD 7.1, an update to the FreeBSD 7
| series of stable releases. Among the highlights of the release is support for
| DTrace inside the kernel, which has been imported from OpenSolaris. DTrace is
| a powerful tracing framework that allows developers and administrators to
| monitor the performance of a running operating system to a very fine level of
| detail.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/121154

DTrace gets guernsey in new FreeBSD

,----[ Quote ]
| The FreeBSD Project has released a new stable version of its popular Unix
| operating system, officially incorporating for the first time Sun
| Microsystems' flagship DTrace performance analysis and debugging tool.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/DTrace-gets-guernsey-in-new-FreeBSD/0,130061733,339294007,00.htm

Recent:

Ubuntu vs. OpenSolaris vs. FreeBSD Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=os_threeway_2008&num=8