[News] GNU/Linux PCs Built at Home, SSD in Linux Tested

Homebuilt computers for Christmas

,----[ Quote ]
| any people would probably discount these computers today,
| but with a GNU/Linux operating system, they have more than
| enough power
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/homebuilt_computers_christmas

These PCs are not "Counted" as market share.

Linux Solid-State Drive Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| With the number of netbooks on the market continuing to
| increase each month and more of these mobile devices
| switching to solid-state drives for their reliability,
| extended battery life, and faster performance, SSDs are
| becoming quite common and finding themselves meeting many
| Linux hosts. How though does the real-world performance
| differ between hard disk drives and solid-state drives on
| Linux? We have run several tests atop Ubuntu on a Samsung
| netbook with a HDD and SSD. In addition, we have also
| looked at the encryption performance using both types of
| drives.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_ssd_performance&num=1

Recent:

Geek Sheet: A Tweaker’s Guide to Solid State Drives (SSDs)
and Linux

http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=9190

If your SSD sucks, blame Vista, says SSD vendor

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/07/22/sandisk_ssd_vista_beef/