Re: The Curious Case of Boycott Novell [Updated]

Homer wrote:

>> a) You still don't understand/believe Microsoft's moral depravity,
>>    which is why you sympathise with them (ignorance), or
>> b) You fully understand how reprehensible Microsoft is, but you hold
>>    a sympathetic position anyway (malice)

Brutal, Homer.   8)

Indeed, a lowly Micro$oft programmer can be forgiven as "out of the
loop" or whatever, but a "Technology Evangelist" has got no excuse to
not know the repercussions of Micro$oft's monopolistic practices.

The TE writes:  "I will still continue to evangelize my ideal of an
interoperable world where different technologies can co-exist
together. The market is big enough for everyone. In order to win, you
don't need everyone else to lose."

Yeah, as long as Micro$oft can dominate and control and extract about
90% of the market's profits, they will tolerate niche competition,
like Apple, so they can claim that they are "not a monopoly".

However, whenever another company challenges to become a real force in
the market, the monopolist's reaction is to buy them or bury them.