[News] Reviews of Wolvix 2.0 (Second Beta) and Vector Linux 6.0 Gold

Wolvix-2.0.0beta2

,----[ Quote ]
| This distro was brought to my attention in the BN IRC room, and whilst my
| distro hopping machine had difficulties with it (its a little anti social at
| the moment) I gave it a run on one of the many machines dotted around my
| house and found myself very surprised (pleasantly) by the results.  Its a
| Slackware based distro, and in these days of MONO uncertainty and the ever
| growing popularity of about 4 or 5 of the “big name” distro’s, its nice to
| break out of the mold and take a look at a lesser known option (sans MONO I
| hasten to add).
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/wolvix-2-0-0beta2/

Vector Linux 6.0 Gold – Review and Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Vector Linux is a popular Linux Distro whose motto is “speed, performance,
| stability”.
|
| Version 6.0 was released in February 2009.  Their stated goal is to “Keep it
| simple, keep it small and let the end user decide.”  Having said that, this
| end user decided to see what was cooking at Vector.
`----

http://techexposures.com/2009/07/vector-linux-6-0-gold-review-and-screenshots/

Recent:

Wolvix Linux 2.0 Beta 2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Wolvix is based on Slackware and, according to the Wolvix site, is geared
| toward the home user. Wolvix uses the lightweight Xfce desktop environment
| and provides a somewhat greater range of apps than some of the other
| distributions.

Test Driving Wolvix 2.0.0 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
`----