Re: Comes Antitrust: Microsoft Shows Its Fear of GNU/Linux and StarOffice (OOo)

  • Subject: Re: Comes Antitrust: Microsoft Shows Its Fear of GNU/Linux and StarOffice (OOo)
  • From: Logan Rathbone <please@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:00:39 +0000 (UTC)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2009-07-13, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [Havoc Pennington, circa 2003:]
> Unifying the MIME subsystem is one task that Red Hat can't take on
> alone, but we are actively working with community developers to find a
> solution. There should be one place to configure the applications and
> plugins for a given file type."

*Thank you*.

Havoc has always had a knack for getting past the bullshit and aiming to
do what's *right* in desktop Linux.  IMHO anyway.  I know a lot of
people have issues with him, but I find I have a hard time disagreeing
with him.  I'm just his bitch, I guess.

I wish he were still as active in FreeDesktop.org as he was in 2003.  We
need him.