Re: I am the Winner!

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> Cool!
>
> Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:01:25 -0400
> From: ?Microsoft Online Notice <rehofellowcrc@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: uk@xxxxxx
> Subject: YOUR PAYMENT
>
> Microsoft has awards you the sum of  750,000.00 Pounds  fill in below
> your
>
> Full Names, Occupation,Home address,Sex, Age, Telephone. to
> jckwlsn1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Griffin Jckwlsn.

I'm not sure which is more convincing:

. The fact that the sender address bears no relation to Microsoft
  whatsoever
. The fact that the sender address and the return address are not only
  different, but actually in different countries
. The fact that the return address is Hong Kong, the land of Pump 'n
  Dump
. The fact that the language appears to be pidgin English at best, and
  there also seems to be a character coding issue, suggesting a non-RFC
  compliant client (bot)
. The fact that the recipient (you) is apparently a Brit using a parked
  domain filled with spam (whoda thunkit?)
. The fact that the sending MTA is completely fake, and likely to just
  be a bot
. The fact that the sender's surname is complete gibberish - in any
  language, and probably harvested from a compacted name in an E-mail
  address (Jack Wilson?), or
. The fact that Microsoft would give you, or anyone else, 750 grand,
  without first being beaten with a large, heavy object, prosecuted,
  sentenced, fined, then chased round the globe by a pack of screaming
  debt collectors for ten years

So, where do I sign up?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 17:55:36 up 45 days, 21:53,  5 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.02, 0.00