Re: [News] Mandriva Linux One 2009 (KDE) is Reviewed

Above the whining & shreiking of the trolls, Tony(UK) was heard to say:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Mandriva Linux One 2009.0 (KDE)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Mandriva Linux One is certainly worth a download for anybody in the
>> | market for a desktop Linux distribution.
>> `----
>>
>> http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/07/07/mandriva-linux-one-2009-kde/
>>

>> Recent:
>>
>> [Mandriva] XFCE One, release 2009.0
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The Mandriva community is proud to offer another XFCE edition to the
>> | users. This edition is not a Mandriva product (so do not expect any
>> | kind of support directly from Mandriva), but has been completed with
>> | a great cooperation between the company and the community.
>> `----
> I know I keep advocating Pardus Linux but there is a new release due out
> this week, Pardus 2009. I am testing the release candidate, and it is
> really a superb distribution. Anyone wanting to try a system that IMO
> puts Kubuntu to shame really needs to have a look at how it should be
> done. The community is very friendly indeed, considering English may not
> be their first language.
>
> http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/index.html

They're a Turkish Linux distribution.

--
Some of Hadron Quack's blunders:

Surely you are not comparing the
non-existent Linux (at that time)
with Windows  98?
Hadron:  Message-ID: <npk5rvzafy.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Linux as a desktop OS is pretty much doomed it would appear.
Too little too late.
Hadron: Message-ID: <fnd3jj$or8$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Google Earth on Linux runs through its own Wine installer. Unless they
have gone "native"
Hadron:  Message-ID:  <gu1v6l$dmo$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Getting high performance Video cards working is a damn sight
easier on XP because the installers are better.
Debian/Ubuntu are a pain in the hole  - you need to recompile the latest
NVidia drivers using a set version of the compiler, for example, when
changing kernels.
Hadron: Message-ID:   <c9rks4-gc7.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>