Re: Today is fryday

On 2009-07-13, Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Gregory Shearman spake thusly:
>> On 2009-07-12, Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Meh, I can watch them the other six days of the week. Anyway, I
>>> think the 40 mile cycle run I do every day, more than compensates.
>>> ;)
>>
>> Did your car break down?
>>
>> 8-)
>
> I've never owned a car, nor even a full license.

I walk to work. It takes me around 5 minutes. My wife used to walk to
work and it took about the same time, but she got a job in another part
of the city and now we need a car. Shame really. I hate cars and I hate
driving. I prefer riding a motorbike.

> Things are somewhat different now I'm retired though. There are
> occasions where a car would be useful, but I still find myself lacking
> enthusiasm for the ordeal of becoming "roadworthy", then trying to
> choose between hundreds of ugly vehicles that all look the same (to me),
> and cost far more than they're actually worth (IMHO).

You understand... good.

I wish I could've resisted, but my wife likes having a car.

> Oh well, I suppose I'll get one eventually.
>
> (10 years later...)

8-)

--
Regards,