Re: [News] Ubuntu sees no reason to remove MONO

Logan Rathbone wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 02:38:41 +0200, Marti van Lin wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Ah, I'm having a Fedora 11 install fest this weekend ;-)
>>
>> Bye Ubuntu!
>
> Hmm, ::insert some quip about correlation vs. causation here::

Why? the Mono treat has been discussed over and over again lately in
COLA. The same counts for the Ubuntu forums and idea storm. At last
Ubuntu made a clear statement on their point of view regarding Mono and
I for one disagree with that point of view, so it's time for me to go
and leave Ubuntu for what it is.

> but I wonder if this whole ordeal has anything to do with Fedora overtaking
> Ubuntu as 1st place distro on distrowatch (for last 30 and last 7 days)...

Fedora is currently #2 on Distrowatch. Fedora also made a clear
statement about Mono, which is a very good reason for me to jump the
Ubuntu ship an jump on the Fedora bandwagon.

I will need some time to get used to it (repositories and stuff). I
haven't seriously worked with a RPM based distro for at least 3 years
(IIRC). But it's worth the effort.

And indeed, I /guess/ the official statements about Mono are the reason,
many are moving to Fedora.

Cheers

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin