[News] Loads of Coverage from Loads of New GNU/Linux Events

Florida Linux Show 2009 Orlando Coming to the Resort!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Florida Linux Show 2009 Orlando will be held at the lavish Radisson
| Resort Orlando-Celebration in Kissimmee/Orlando Florida on October 24th 2009,
| from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Rooms are a mere $82.00 a night which gives guest
| the run of the hotel. Genral attendance to the show is $20.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11483.html

Ohio Linux Fest [September 25-26] – Back to the Future of Linux!

,----[ Quote ]
| Columbus, Ohio: The Ohio Linux community continues its forward march and is
| gaining momentum every year. Each year brings a new group of speakers and
| generates more excitement—2009 will be no exception! The seventh annual Ohio
| LinuxFest will be on September 25-26, 2009 at the Greater Columbus Convention
| Center, in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
`----

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/122418/

FISL 10 is over .. WOW!

,----[ Quote ]
| I am on my way back from FISL 10 in Porto Alegre, Brazil and what a great
| conference it was. The president of Brazil stopped in on Friday and addressed
| the crowd saying how important free software was and that "Free software
| prevailed [in Brazil] and we don't need to buy anymore only what Microsoft
| wants to sell". Hopefully Brazil will become even more of an example of how
| governments can and should adopt open source software.
`----

http://www.thesourceshow.org/node/150

Linux took over Brazil. It spreads too fast.

Related:

Deploying KDE [and Debian] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html