[News] K Desktop Environment in Reviews, GNOME Raves, XFCE Screenshots

Introducing KDE 4 plasmoids

,----[ Quote ]
| Plasma, the desktop shell of KDE 4, improves the desktop experience with its
| simple Plasma applets, plasmoids
`----

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-kde-plasmoids/index.html

Gnome - The Curtain Is About To Go Up

,----[ Quote ]
| I was told once by a third party that the reason Nautilus did not include
| these simple features was because they did not want to be perceived as
| copying the KDE guys. I honestly hope that isn't true. If it is, that means
| the development of the première environment for file management is being
| fueled by ego.
|
| So given the fact that Gnome via Ubuntu is going to be the face of Linux,
| what changes do you see as an evolution of the system? Post them here and
| we'll cull the best and send them forward. No they probably won't listen, but
| you can't give up until you try at least once. You people are pretty
| smart...we'd like to know what your ideas are.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-experience-in-theatre-is-limited-to.html

Screenshots with Xfce

,----[ Quote ]
| The Xfce Screenshooter for the Xfce desktop with the current Version 1.6.0
| has no cause to fear the competition.
|
| With Version 1.6.0 of Xfce4 Screenshooter, Xfce has gained considerable
| ground against Gnome and KDE when dealing with screenshot capabilities. The
| option to choose using the mouse pointer to hide or to display aspects over
| the graphic user interface is a new one.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/screenshots_with_xfce

Recent:

KDE4: The Future of the X Desktop?