[News] Overview of GNU/Linux Applications, Other Software

Upbeat about Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Once again I hope you've enjoyed this report. I know that I promised a build
| HOWTO, and it is under construction so stay tuned.
|
| By the way, I'm happy to see that OSC is becoming more popular (developer
| Nick Copeland may add OSC support to his Bristol synth, mentioned in my
| previous article) and I hope that more audio software developers utilize it
| in their work.
|
| This article is dedicated to the memory of my friend Fred Kwis who passed
| away recently after a lengthy battle with the effects of Parkinson's disease.
| Fredy was only a year older than me, and we had been friends since childhood.
| He was a life-long musician and like an older brother to me. RIP, my friend,
| I know your spirit is still rockin' the heavenly house.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/upbeat-about-updates

Develop Websites with Bluefish

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is at the forefront of web development, and Ubuntu is a great
| distribution to use to build and design a website for the first time.
| Recently, I've been developing web applications using frameworks, and Linux
| in general makes these things quite a bit easier. Therefore, I figured I
| should present some of the basic tools you can use to create, develop, and
| host a website. This may abstract a bit away from the idea of "applications"
| in and of themselves, but I thought you may all be interested anyway.
`----

http://thedailyubuntu.blogspot.com/2009/06/develop-websites-with-bluefish.html

Dropbox vs Ubuntu-One

,----[ Quote ]
| My request for using Ubuntu-One Beta was approved by Canonical, so I
| immediately made a small (& un-scientific) test. I put 13 files, totaling
| 23,4MB, first in Ubuntu-One and then in Dropbox.
`----

http://yatsite.blogspot.com/2009/06/dropbox-vs-ubuntu-one.html

7 of the Best Free Linux Revision Control Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Version control systems play an essential role for developers. First up, they
| allow developers to safely store successive versions of source code. Besides
| providing a secure backup of the source code, this type of software lets
| developers revert back to a stable release if subsequent code changes have
| unforeseen consequences.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090613090439678/RevisionControl.html

Recent:

10 Best Audio Editors for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve compiled a list of  some of the most useful Audio applications you can
| download totally free of charge for Linux.
`----

http://techcityinc.com/2009/04/10-best-audio-editors-for-linux/

Free/Open-source Digital Audio Editors

,----[ Quote ]