[News] The People Versus the Copyright Cartel's Propaganda and Press

Pirate Bay – Anti-piracy campaign?

,----[ Quote ]
| I have written an email to Mr Anderson and his campaign which, whilst of good
| intention and noble cause, to me hints on previous “attempts” to tackle TPB
| (by others)  which IMO ended in tears and comments making them  look a little
| silly.    I would ask him to consider that the people who run these BT
| trackers are actually very knowledgeable and certainly know their subjects
| inside out.  I would ask him to “Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui” since a
| badly thought-out attempt will do more harm than good and in my opinion the
| coverage the TPB has had in recent dramas only exposes more new users to
| Bittorrent and in particular TPB.  I base this opinion on the various forums
| and news groups that I see which have users comenting about the press
| coverage and then asking what TBP and bittorrent is.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/pirate-bay-anti-piracy-campaign/

Has The Pirate Bay Lost Its Appeal... Or Should We Not Trust The NY Times?

,----[ Quote ]
| Someone just alerted me to a NY Times story claiming that the guys behind The
| Pirate Bay have lost their appeal of the verdict that found them guilty. That
| would be big news (and it may very well happen). However, I can't find
| anything else to support it. The NY Times credits the Hollywood Reporter,
| whose only recent article I can find on the subject merely claims that the
| TPB guys failed to get the case thrown out. But digging deeper, the only
| information I can find is that the District Court, which made the original
| ruling has told the Appeals Court that there was no bias.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090612/1821115219.shtml

Recent:

What do the EU results and Pirate Party mean for digital rights?

,----[ Quote ]
| Stand back from the media frenzy concentrating on Labour’s woes for a moment,
| and ask yourself what these elections mean for digital rights.
|
| Several parties that broadly supported digital rights concerns did well in
| this election, including, in the UK, UKIP and the Greens. The Liberal
| Democrats also had a fair showing.
`----

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2009/06/what-do-the-eu-results-and-pirate-party-mean-for-digital-rights/

The Pirate Party